Skip to main content
Juan Fernandez-Barquin
Clerk of the Court and Comptroller
Miami-Dade County

Bond Refunds

Cash bond refunds will be refunded and mailed to the depositor, 10 days from the date the case is disposed.

Cash bond refunds will be made by check payable to the bond depositor at the address listed on the bond receipt, unless a notarized assignment is received and/or mailed to the address below with valid photo Identification.

Pursuant to F.S 27.52, 903.286 and 903.29, the Clerk of the Courts shall withhold unpaid costs, prosecution, costs of representation, court fees, court costs and criminal penalties, if any, from the cash bond return.

For further bond refund information, call 305-548-5490 weekdays from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Bondsmen Registration  Renewal

All Bondsmen must submit their Request for Registering and/or Reregistering through the bonds unit e-mail address at Each Agency and Insurance Company requires a separate form with their assigned number(s). The following documents are required:

  • Request the Insurance Company form they are writing with. Complete the form and return it to the bonds unit web address noted above.
  • Letter from Insurance Company allowing them to write for their company.
  • Letter from Manager over the Agency allowing them to write for their company.
  • Certified copy of the Power of Attorney recorded with the Recorders office. You may contact the Recorder’s Office at (305) 275-1155, Option 6 for recording instructions.
  • Copy of their Drivers Licenses.
  • Copy of Bonds Identification card issued by the Department of Insurance.

All documents mentioned above are to be forwarded via mail immediately to:

Centralized Bonds Unit
1351 NW 12th Street, Suite 9710
Miami, Florida 33125

You are now leaving the official website of the Miami-Dade Clerk of Court and Comptroller. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. The Miami-Dade Clerk of Court and Comptroller is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.