The Goal: Serving more and more of the Public “On-line Rather Than In-line.”
We are agents of change and advocates of innovation. We apply appropriate strategic, technological, process and people solutions.
Our Focus Includes:
- Optimizing our ability to provide quality service to the public
- Meeting the expectations of everyone who utilizes the services of the Miami-Dade County Clerk's Office
- Increasing access and availability to public information
- Building a technical architecture for the future
- Enriching work, challenging and empowering the workforce to more freely initiate improvements
- Maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and all other guiding principles
We work in an open, learning environment that constantly strives to improve and encourages a free flow of ideas among all employees.
The responsibilities of the Clerk are established by the State Constitution, the Florida State Statutes, Miami-Dade County Ordinances and Regulations and Judicial Orders. In this capacity the Clerk serves as:
- Ex-Officio Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners
- County Recorder
- County Auditor
- Custodian of all County Funds – Per Section 5.03 Miami-Dade Charter, the Clerk and County Mayor jointly appoint the County Finance Director.
- Custodian of all records filed with the Courts, official records, marriage licenses, and the Board of County Commission
The Clerk of the Court and Comptroller serves the 2.7 million citizens of Miami-Dade County and supports the operations of the 11th Judicial Circuit and County Courts in addition to providing professional services to the public, the judiciary, the legal community and the Miami-Dade County Commission. In 2022, the Clerk’s office managed over 4.5 million electronic filings, and processed over $1.4 billion annually.