PUBLIC NOTICE: HEARING EXAMINERS FOR APPOINTMENT TO PANEL
Miami-Dade County is currently seeking ten (10) candidates to serve as Hearing Examiners to conduct hearings pertaining to any protest made by a participant in any competitive process utilized for selection of a person or other entity to construct any public improvement, to provide any supplies, materials, or services (including professional or management services other than professional services whose acquisition procedure is governed by the Consultant's Competitive Negotiation Act, F.S. Section 287.055 et seq.), or to lease any county property filed with the Clerk of the Board. Hearing Examiners will serve for a term of two (2) years, paid a fee of $200.00 per hour up to $2,500.00 (per hearing), and be selected to conduct particular bid protests by blind rotation.
Hearing Examiner Role Pursuant to Section 2-8.4 of the Code of Miami-Dade County:
- Conduct a hearing in connection with the bid protest.
- Consider the written protest and supporting documents and evidence appended thereto, the County Mayor's recommendation, and supporting documentation and all evidence presented at the hearing.
- Entitled to rely on evidence of a type commonly relied upon by reasonably prudent persons in the conduct of their affairs, whether or not such evidence would be admissible in a trial, in the courts of Florida.
- Determine for each protest, whether the legal or factual grounds for the protest are frivolous; in making such determination, consider whether or not the protest was supported by material facts necessary to establish the claim, or if the claim was supported by the application of then-existing law to those material facts.
- Candidates should represent the community at large and reflect the racial, gender, and ethnic make-up of the community.
- Candidates (lawyers) who, individually or as members of law firms, have a substantial involvement, directly or indirectly, in matters involving the County; will not be selected.
- Candidates shall have demonstrated professional competence and the highest levels of integrity and ethical conduct.
- Persons serving as hearing examiners prior service as hearing examiner under this section of the Code will be disfavored in the selection process for a vacancy following the expiration or termination.
- Retired judges who have served ten (10) years or more as Circuit Judges in the Eleventh Judicial Circuit in and for Miami-Dade County, Florida; or
- Electors of the State of Florida who reside in Miami-Dade County and are current members in good standing of the Florida Bar for at least ten (10) continuous years.
Interested candidates can submit resumes no later than Wednesday, November 23, 2022, to the Clerk of the Board at Clerk.Board@miamidade.gov or by mail to 111 NW 1st Street, Suite 17-202, Miami, Florida 33128. For more information, please call 305-375-5127 or email Clerk.Board@miamidade.gov.
CLERK OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA
LUIS G. MONTALDO, CLERK AD INTERIM
By: Basia Pruna, Clerk of the Board Director