Skip to main content
Juan Fernandez-Barquin, ESQ.
Clerk of the Court and Comptroller
Miami-Dade County

Driver License Information

If your driver license is or will be suspended and you have paid the fee, an electronic transmission is sent to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) notifying them that you have met the requirements. However, we suggest you contact the FLHSMV offices or any of the Miami-Dade County Clerk's District Offices to obtain further information on the status of your driver license. 

If your license was issued outside of the State of Florida, you will need to ask the clerk for a D-6 clearance form at the time of payment.

If your driver license is suspended for any of the following reasons:

  • Points Suspension
  • DUI revocation
  • Habitual Traffic Offender
  • PIP Insurance Cancellation
  • Judgment
  • Worthless Check
  • Child Support
  • Out of State suspension
  • Out of County suspension
  • Any other suspension/revocation that is not for failure to pay or appear for a traffic violation in Miami-Dade County.

You must go to any Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) office to obtain information on how to satisfy any other type of suspension/revocation other than for a traffic citation. The Clerk’s Office only handles suspensions in regards to traffic citations issued in Miami-Dade County. All other driver license issues are addressed by the state of Florida DHSMV. Please visit the FLHSMV web site for further details on how to satisfy these other types of suspensions.

You are now leaving the official website of the Miami-Dade Clerk of Court and Comptroller. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. The Miami-Dade Clerk of Court and Comptroller is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.